The wait is over! A year in the works, ALARM Press’ collection of color-driven musicians and visual artists is finally here.
At nearly 400 pages of full-color artwork and editorial, Chromatic: The Crossroads of Color and Music is a dynamic print presentation of independent musicians and artists who are using or exploring color in unorthodox ways. It’s a highly saturated, prismatic presentation of some of today’s most adventurous underground artists, including Sonny Kay, Seripop, John Zorn, Daft Punk, Sigur Rós front-man Jónsi, Blue Man Group, The Zhou Brothers, Ratatat, Holy Fuck, Damon Locks of The Eternals, Rob Mazurek, NewVillager, Andy Gilmore, and many others.
Order a regular edition today ($40) and secure free domestic shipping, or snag a copy of our limited-edition hardcover ($60, also with free domestic shipping), which is limited to 200 signed and numbered copies and 200 unsigned.
Over the course of Chromatic‘s 12 chapters, readers are introduced to:
- Performers who saturate their stage shows in vibrant shades
- Musicians who create concept albums based on color
- Kaleidoscopic, polychromatic cover art
- Composers and other famous musicians who experience musical synesthesia, the involuntary intersection of senses where someone might “see” notes as different colors or shapes
- Special guest editors and featured artists who share their inspirations
- The concept of audible color
- Wild illustrations of musical notes translated into hues to create elaborate geometric works of art
- Bands photographed in their favorite hues