– Dillinger Escape Plan guitarist Ben Weinman has posted 40 streaming minutes of his August performance at The Stone, John Zorn‘s New York club. His guests included ex-Mr. Bungle bassist Trevor Dunn, jazz drummer Dan Weiss, and “Asian Steve.”
– The Graveface Records Day of the Dead showcase in Chicago this weekend features the last Black Moth Super Rainbow show for quite a while.
– PETA has posted an interview with Justin Pearson of The Locust about vegetarianism and veganism.
– MTV Iggy has posted a clip of Andrew Bird and Yo-Yo Ma jamming.
– Mastodon has released the track listing for Crack the Skye, the group’s album with lyrical content about czarist Russia due in early 2009.
– In response to news about a two-bit neo-nazi plot, the East Coast Avengers have posted “The Day Hope Died,” a song about what would be a horrific assassination of Barack Obama.
– On a brighter note, fans of avant-garde and experimental music in Oakland will be treated to a five-dollar election-night concert of improvisation curated by Carla Kihlstedt of Sleepytime Gorilla Museum and 2 Foot Yard. Performers include Fred Frith, Shinichi Iova Koga, Michael Mellender, Moe! Staiano, and Ava Mendoza.
– Critters Buggin has announced a New Year’s Eve show with Garaj Mahal at the Capitol Theatre in Olympia, Washington.
– Sitar-infused pop rockers Elephant Stone have uploaded six new songs from their upcoming album.
– According to bassist John Paul Jones, there are plans for a Led Zeppelin record and tour without Robert Plant.